Climate change skeptics, including the communications director for the Republican minority in the Senate Environment and Public Works committee, have seized upon the unusually cold winter in North America as evidence that global warming is not really happening. There is no doubt that this year’s La Niña has led to cooler winter weather over North America than we have seen for the past decade (see figure from NYT: 1980-2008 trend), but even this cooler weather is above the 1960-1990 monthly winter average.
- Hybrids cars: a step in the right direction!
- Nuclear waste languishes, and we pay
- Yellowstone is warming…
- Skeptics seize upon cold winter
- Cold winter, but glacier melt accelerates
- Reminder Feb. 25 Guest Speaker
- Ethanol sucks!
- Long time no blog…
- Sue Skinner to speak Feb. 25
- UN eyes global warming pact by 2009
- World poised to sign climate deal
- Al Gore lays blame for Bali stalemate on U.S.
- Link to Bali
- Final IPCC report: Only URGENT action will do
- Roger Boe on “Beyond an Inconvenient Truth”
- 4,571 hits