A myth moving around the blogosphere reports that a ‘scientific study’ has shown that GMC Hummers are actually better for the environment than hybrids like the Toyota Prius, because of the cost and pollution involved in manufacturing the battery. “Bunk”, states this analysis in Slate Magazine, which notes that the so-called study has lots of faulty assumptions, such as assuming the lifespan of the Prius is only 109,000 miles, while that of the Hummer is 379,000 miles.
- Hybrids cars: a step in the right direction!
- Nuclear waste languishes, and we pay
- Yellowstone is warming…
- Skeptics seize upon cold winter
- Cold winter, but glacier melt accelerates
- Reminder Feb. 25 Guest Speaker
- Ethanol sucks!
- Long time no blog…
- Sue Skinner to speak Feb. 25
- UN eyes global warming pact by 2009
- World poised to sign climate deal
- Al Gore lays blame for Bali stalemate on U.S.
- Link to Bali
- Final IPCC report: Only URGENT action will do
- Roger Boe on “Beyond an Inconvenient Truth”
- 4,567 hits