An article in last week’s NYT reports evidence that the Yellowstone is warming up, and triggering a cascade of environmental and ecological changes. One change is the increase in suitable habitat for the Canada thistle, which outcompetes other plants, and is a food source for Grizzly bears, among other foragers. Climate change, associated with increasing drought within the park, has made previously marshy terrain suitable to the thistle.
- Hybrids cars: a step in the right direction!
- Nuclear waste languishes, and we pay
- Yellowstone is warming…
- Skeptics seize upon cold winter
- Cold winter, but glacier melt accelerates
- Reminder Feb. 25 Guest Speaker
- Ethanol sucks!
- Long time no blog…
- Sue Skinner to speak Feb. 25
- UN eyes global warming pact by 2009
- World poised to sign climate deal
- Al Gore lays blame for Bali stalemate on U.S.
- Link to Bali
- Final IPCC report: Only URGENT action will do
- Roger Boe on “Beyond an Inconvenient Truth”
- 4,567 hits