The ski industry is going green to help offset the pollution that feeds global warming _ a phenomenon that challenges the resorts’ very existence with the threat of later snowfalls and earlier snow melts….Fifty-five resorts in 14 states are buying renewable energy to offset part or all of their power needs, according to the National Ski Areas Association. Of these, 26 are operating 100 percent on green energy.
- Hybrids cars: a step in the right direction!
- Nuclear waste languishes, and we pay
- Yellowstone is warming…
- Skeptics seize upon cold winter
- Cold winter, but glacier melt accelerates
- Reminder Feb. 25 Guest Speaker
- Ethanol sucks!
- Long time no blog…
- Sue Skinner to speak Feb. 25
- UN eyes global warming pact by 2009
- World poised to sign climate deal
- Al Gore lays blame for Bali stalemate on U.S.
- Link to Bali
- Final IPCC report: Only URGENT action will do
- Roger Boe on “Beyond an Inconvenient Truth”
- 4,567 hits